Rules of mental toughness by Patrick Bet–David
May God bless and protect you, your family and your loved ones ❤️💚
Oh Allah! The Sustainer of Mankind! Remove the illness, cure the disease. You are the One Who cures. There is no cure except Your cure. Grant us a cure that leaves no illness. ❤️🤲
Because I cannot sleep
I make music at night.
I am troubled by the one
whose face has the color of spring flowers.
I have neither sleep nor patience,
neither a good reputation nor disgrace.
A thousand robes of wisdom are gone.
All my good manners have moved a thousand miles away.
The heart and the mind are left angry with each other.
The stars and the moon are envious of each other.
Because of this alienation the physical universe
is getting tighter and tighter.
The moon says, “How long will I remain
suspended without a sun?”
Without Love’s jewel inside of me,
let the bazaar of my existence be destroyed stone by stone.
O Love, You who have been called by a thousand names,
You who know how to pour the wine
into the chalice of the body,
You who give culture to a thousand cultures,
You who are faceless but have a thousand faces,
O Love, You who shape the faces
of Turks, Europeans, and Zanzibaris,
give me a glass from Your bottle,
or a handful of being from Your Branch.
Remove the cork once more.
Then we’ll see a thousand chiefs prostrate themselves,
and a circle of ecstatic troubadours will play.
Then the addict will be freed of craving.
and will be resurrected,
and stand in awe till Judgement Day.
“Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” Elbert Hubbard
Some of the most successful people in the world come from backgrounds of poverty, struggle, rejection and failure. Despite their challenges they never gave up and with a little grit, resilience, and persistence they embraced failure and continued to make their dreams come true.
I hope that this post can motivate others to accept failure as merely a chance to learn and to find the strength to never give up.
- Albert Einstein – Could not speak until he was 4 and couldn’t read until he was 7, both his parents and teachers thought he was mentally handicapped.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid” – Albert Einstein
- Walt Disney – Being fired from his job in Kansas City Star paper because…
View original post 795 more words
We all doubt ourselves sometimes.
Thoughts like I am not as attractive enough or I’m not as smart and intelligent enough or not as well-situated in life as I should be. Even the feeling of having all the potential in the world, but that something being there to hold us back.
Comparing ourselves to the people around us, and that just makes it worse.
I find myself in these infuriating situations all the time. In fact even after achieving what I want to achieve, these questions still come, am I really good enough, is this person better than me, am I really there yet?
What I have also realised is that a lot of my insecurities exist where I have yet to prove myself to myself.
These are all examples of insecurities and self-doubts.
But what I have learnt (and am learning) from all of this is that if…
View original post 543 more words
Have a good night! 😇
- 1-2 hours before bed, turn off all blue light-emitting devices. Melatonin regulates your sleep, and blue light from your electronic devices suppresses melatonin production.
- Charge your phone in another room to avoid the temptation to check it at night.
- Stop eating a few hours before bedtime. Digestion can interrupt sleep.
- Take an after-dinner walk.
- Use lavender oil (relaxes you for sleep) or lemon balm oil (reduces restlessness and anxiety) in a warm bath or diffuser.
- Buy a supportive mattress and a comfortable pillow/sheets.
- Keep your bedroom temperature cool.
- Buy blackout curtains for your windows.
- Keep your room environment quiet. A white noise or pink noise generator can help.
- Do a breathing exercise/meditation to help calm your thoughts.
- Reduce your caffeine intake, especially after 12:00 p.m.
- Get outside in the morning to expose yourself to the morning light. Morning light increases quality sleep and lowers feelings of stress.
- Exercise. Exercising could…
View original post 39 more words
It takes a lot of faith
To keep believing there will come a day
When the tears and the sadness, the pain and the hate
The struggle, this madness, will all fade away.
— Carrie Underwood